- This event has passed.
Marine Electrical Troubleshooting, Design, & Installations with M. Beemer
November 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$149
Cruisers College will take you through the ins and outs of a boat’s electrical systems. There is plenty of information every boat owner should know about these critical systems, whether they are doing improvements themselves, paying a professional for upgrades, or simply trying to understand the system on your boat and “Keep it Alive”.
Sample list of topics covered:
- How an electrical system works
- How to monitor electrical systems
- Early warning signs of trouble
- How to use a multimeter for troubleshooting
- Sizing and care of battery banks
- Proper wire selection, termination, and tools
- Alternative energy such as solar and wind generation
- How to make repairs to this critical system on almost every cruising vessel
This one-day course includes new technologies and how they might interface or be a solution for your energy needs. Let’s keep the light’s on ☺
Michael Beemer is the department chair for Skagit Valley College’s marine maintenance and repair program. Michael has been presenting and teaching professionally for almost 20 years and holds a master’s degree in education. At the college he teaches all the systems courses, including ABYC certifications. He and his wife have cruised extensively from Anacortes to southeast Alaska for many years on their motor-sailer. In the cruising community, Michael is well known as “The Boat Doctor” who can diagnose and fix almost anything on a vessel. Some of the many topics he has done include: diesel engines, electrical systems, solar, new battery technologies, extended inside passage cruising, and more.Register Via EventBrite